This inspiring and practical handbook draws on the wisdom of a wide variety of practitioners in ten key areas that enable village churches to flourish:
1) Extending a warm welcome
2) Making the most of Life Events
3) Using buildings creatively
4) Caring for God's Acre
5) Being the heartbeat of the community
6) Celebrating our heritage
7) Cultivating fruitful festivals
8) Welcoming more children
9) Reaching the isolated and lonely
10) Communicating effectively
Packed with practical advice and inspiring case studies, How Village Churches Thrive will encourage and increase confidence in all who work or worship in a village church.
All the contributors are active in supporting the growth of rural churches through their roles in the Church of England or through organizations such as the Arthur Rank Centre, the Churches Conservation Trust, Caring for God’s Acre and Praxis.