But each of their stories is a testament to the work God does through his imperfect children. Their stories will encourage and inspire, and remind you that you are not alone in your struggles.
The names of some of these women are well–known, some are less so. The first five stories are about relationships with other people; the next five stories are about inner struggles.
- Overcoming Sexual Sin & Identity – Rosaria Butterfield
- Difficult Marriage and Divorce – Joy Davidman
- Bereavement – Elisabeth Elliot
- Singleness – Betsie & Corrie ten Boom
- Overcoming with Forgiveness – Betsie & Corrie ten Boom
- Eating Disorders – Christie Dondero Bettwy
- Illness – Susannah Spurgeon
- False Beliefs – Doreen Virtue
- Self–Righteousness – Susanna Wesley
- The Fear of Man – Sarah Edwards
Through exploring how other women of Christ’s Kingdom began anew in him, you will be encouraged on your own path of joy and freedom. Although you may not be in the same position as these women, there are things we can learn from each of them. In every chapter, MacLeod focuses on bearing fruit for Christ even in these circumstances and includes questions to think through and discuss how the truths learned by these women could be applied to your own life.